Skin tag removal
Available in Bedford, Leicester, St. Albans and Swansea
We offer the removal of skin tags and simple moles using our plasma corrector pen.
How do I know if the treatment is suitable for me?
We offer a free consultation to discuss your individual needs and decide on an appropriate treatment plan for you. If necessary we will advise you to seek advice from tour GP or a Dermatologist before proceeding with treatment.
When will I see the results?
The skin tag or mole will be removed immediately and you will be left with a scab that takes about a week or 10 days to heal depending on the body area treated.
Is it painful?
We will inject a local anaesthetic under the lesion before removal so it should be pain free.
What are the side effects?
Possible side effects include:
- Discomfort as the anaesthetic wears off is possible
- Infection is very rare
- A difference in skin tone at the treated area is possible
Is the treatment suitable for everyone?
You cannot have treatment during pregnancy or when breastfeeding. During your initial consultation we will take a full medical history to determine your suitability for treatment.
Is there any downtime?
There will be a brown scab where the lesion was removed, this will take about 7 to 14 days or so to fall off.
Is there any aftercare?
After you’re procedure you will be given an aftercare leaflet, we advise you:
- Try to keep the area as dry as possible, pat rather than rub if it gets wet
- Avoid picking the scab, allow it to fall off naturally
- Use the aftercare cream provided at least twice a day or more if needed
- Avoid extreme temperatures such as saunas, steam rooms, sun beds or ice baths for 2 weeks. And don’t take very hot baths or showers.
- Avoid wearing make up over the scab
- Use a sun screen of SPF50 over the affected area