Available in Bedford, Leicester, St. Albans and Swansea
We offer Desolipotherapy which are fat dissolving injections designed to reduce areas of stubborn fat. Deso is injected into fatty deposits, over the course of a few weeks the fat is broken down and excreted by the lymphatic system.
How do I know if the treatment is suitable for me?
We offer a free consultation to discuss your individual needs and decide on an appropriate treatment plan for you.
Which areas can be treated?
The main areas that can be treated are:
- Double chin
- Inner thighs
- Arms (bingo wings)
When will I see the results?
Depending on the area to be treated you will need 4-6 treatments about a month apart. Results are usually seen after about the third treatment or sometimes longer.
Is it painful?
Our patients say that it is uncomfortable rather than painful.
What are the side effects?
Possible side effects include:
- Swelling pain or discomfort
- Allergy (rare)
- Nodule formation (rare)
- Skin discolouration (rare)
- Asymmetry or unsatisfactory results (rare)
Is the treatment suitable for everyone?
You cannot have treatment during pregnancy or when breastfeeding. During your initial consultation we will take a full medical history to determine your suitability for treatment.
Is there any downtime?
No there is minimal downtime.
Is there any aftercare?
After you’re procedure you will be given an aftercare leaflet, we advise you:
- If possible do some brisk walking for 10-15 immediately after the procedure, this helps with lymphatic drainage
- Wear a support garment for 5-7 days (we will advise on this)
- Take regular paracetamol for pain relief if needed (do not take ibuprofen)
- Cleanse the skin as normal, do not overly massage or rub
- Avoid extreme temperatures such as saunas, steam rooms, sun beds or ice baths for 2 weeks. And don’t take very hot baths or showers.
- Avoid wearing make up for 12 hours
- Use a sun screen of SPF50 over the affected area
- Expect to require 4-6 treatments to get the desired effect