Available in Bedford, Leicester, St. Albans and Swansea
We offer a range of Chemical Peels to suit different skin types and requirements. They are designed to stimulate the turnover of new skin cells and so refresh, renew and rejuvenate the skin. They can also minimise the appearance of fine lines, mild acne scarring, areas of pigmentation and sun damage.
How do I know what treatment is best for me?
We offer a free consultation to discuss your individual needs and decide on an appropriate treatment plan for you.
Which areas can be treated?
The main areas that can be treated are:
When will I see the results?
There will be mild to moderate peeling (depending on the strength of peel). This will last for up to a week. After that you will notice an improvement in the tone and texture of your skin, it will look refreshed and rejuvenated.
Is it painful?
As the peel is applied it will sting a bit. It only stays on the skin for a maximum of 2 minutes.
What are the side effects?
There will be mild to moderate peeling, this is normal. Sometimes areas of pigmentation will go quite dark before peeling off, again this is normal. Chemical peels will leave your skin more open to sun damage so it is very important to follow the aftercare advice and protect your skin with an SPF 50 sun cream. Scarring can happen if the dry or peeling skin is picked off.
Is the treatment suitable for everyone?
You cannot have treatment during pregnancy or when breastfeeding. During your initial consultation we will take a full medical history to determine your suitability for treatment.
Is there any downtime?
There can be minimal to moderate peeling that lasts for approximately a week depending on the type of peel you have.
Is there any aftercare?
After you’re procedure you will be given an aftercare leaflet, we advise you:
- To avoid cleansing the skin until the day after treatment and from then on clean the skin twice daily with a gentle cleanser
- To moisturise the skin at least twice daily but more often is better
- To avoid saunas, steam rooms and sun beds for at least 2 weeks
- To avoid facials for 2 weeks
- To avoid picking at the dry or peeling skin as this might cause scarring
- To always wear a sun screen SPF50 or above on your face
Recommended home care
We recommend the use of Dermaceutic home care treatments such as:
- Foamer 5 or Foamer 15 Glycolic Facial Cleanser
- C25 Vitamin C Antioxident Day Cream
- Turnover Stimulating Night Cream
- Sun Ceutic SPF50 Sun Protection Cream
- Activ Retinol Age Defence Serum
Please ask for further details.